Thursday, January 11, 2007
Conclusion - A result, issue, or outcome

Thank you friends for all your comments on the poll I did... and for all your pearls of wisdom :) I guess reading through the comments, fresh perspectives were thrown out which really brought out the point that life's really never about doing things the one fixed way, and we all exercise due flexibility and wisdom.

Well, having said that, my own conclusion will be that I'll base my future decisions on these 3 main questions I will ask myself, if I ever find myself in THE situation:

1) Is the issue settled in my heart?
ie. settling all the unnecessary emotions or overly-negative sentiments/negativity. Making sure I won't say hurtful things deliberately or bring in irrelevant arguments

2) Is the other party mature enough to hear what I have to say?
ie. is the other party known to be over-sensitive, not open to constructive advices, defensive, suspicious, immature...? Is the other person ready to hear something? Is this the best time to say it?

3) What is the end result I want?
ie. if I don't consider you important enough, forget it, I won't even bother to try to say anything at all, because saying it takes up toooo much energy (I'm energy-saving!) and the risks are too high. Risks of falling out, risks of being misunderstood etc. The action has to reap a positive outcome to be worthwhile. Hahha...

Oh well. Just musings anyway. Life's never a cardboard cut-out. Miracles happen on God's intervention and wisdom.. will definitely have chance to test out my theories in the future.


shups! walked on the sunny side.
11.1.07.